Ms. McCarthy, Library Technician
Library Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm. The library is open during snack and lunch.
Ms. Salas, Textbook Clerk (8:30am-3:00pm)
What is the school’s Library Policy?
1. Items are checked out for 2 weeks.
2. Some reference items are available for a 3-day checkout
and are clearly marked.
3. 1 renewal per book, unless that book has been
requested by another patron.
4. No check-out if any overdue items or fines are owed.
5. 2 books per patron limit, this will include visit to the Library
when the patron is not with his/her class.
6. A $15.00 fee will be charged for a lost hardcover book or
total replacement cost if known.
7. A $5.00 fee will be charged for a lost paperback book.
8. A fine of 5 cents a day will be charged for overdue
9. A vandalism fee will be charged for replacement of bar
code label, spine label, crayon or pencil markings, damage
to book cover or pages, water damage, etc.
10. A student will lose their library check-out privileges after
the loss of 2 library books.
What happens if I lose a library book or textbook?
Students should take good care of their school textbooks and library books. All textbooks should be covered. Any loss or damage to textbooks or library books will result in a replacement cost charge or payment of a fine. All library and textbook fines must be paid/cleared or the final report card will be held.
Textbooks are checked out to students using a unique bar code number. Students are to write their name in the space provided on the inside front cover of the book so their textbook can be easily identified. There will be a $2.00 per label change to replace a bar code label. Books returned without labels will be considered stolen and the student will be charged full replacement cost for the book.